Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's a Love-Hate Relationship, but first....

Here are a few pics from the trip (I finally loaded them on my computer)!!


Scenery on the way to the province where Lakan's uncle lives. I took this pic from the "window" of the jeepney while we were driving :) Not too bad, eh?


This might seem weird, but this is actually a pic at a cemetery and that building is one of those "enclosed graves." I can't remember what they are called..help me out Ryan D! You know, the coffin isn't buried under ground, rather just freestanding in the building?? Anyway, I thought it was VERY interesting, that some people actually live in those (as their home) because they are to be responsible for being the caretaker of their deceased loved one's resting place. Apparently, it's more efficient to just live in the building than it is to travel there to care for it. As we drove by, you could see house decor and furniture!! Isn't that so interesting?


here is Micah in front of a Jeepney. This was our main means of transportation while we were there.


This was INSIDE the mall we went to in Manilla!! Super cool and Super nice :)


Me and the Rachie girl! Best sis-in-law a girl could ask for!


One of the favorite dessert of most Filipinos- Halo Halo. Yummy Yummy! Its a mixture of ice cream, gummies, coconut, and something crunchy in coconut milk (I think?!?!).


The Micah Mariano Band- :) playing at the concert in Cagayan de Oro. Micah (lead), Boshi (keys), John Bautista(drums), and Rachie (viola).


my hottie rockstar hubby ;)


check out that banner....enough said!


Lakan's uncle that saved him from the flood.


This is where Lakan grew up before the flood. I am not sure which house was his, maybe the middle section? Anyway, you get the idea :)


Here is my hottie hubby again! i totally think he could pass as an Arab sheik or some sort of Arab royalty!! We did decide it might not be best to sport this look in the airport security lines though ;)


Me and the Sweet Rachie again by the beach in Cagayan


HELLO!! Is this sunset amazing or what? The mercy and magnificence of God, the Creator, totally just hit me in this moment....


Can you tell which part of the trip this is? Welcome home.....
Funny..i actually took this picture when we were getting our bags after going through Customs, and APPARENTLY, you aren't allowed to take pictures in that area, as I quickly learned when the guard arrived promptly at my side when he saw the flash...oopsie! Thank goodness he was nice enough to let me keep my camera!!



And now our "Feature Presentation"
I:
*LOVE a clean house...HATE doing the cleaning!!

*LOVE when my hubby comes home from a trip...HATE that he has to be gone :)

*LOVE clear skin....HATE that I have never really had it!!

*LOVE wearing comfy clothes all the time...HATE that as a result, I am not very trendy.

*LOVE the idea of organization.....HATE that I am not organized at all. It's frustrating.

*LOVE junk food and snacking......HATE that it doesn't help my weight loss goals :(

*LOVE the way I feel after working out..........HATE that I won't actually do it consistently, which also consequently does not help my weight loss goals!

*LOVE Circle E candles.......HATE that I only get to buy one 2 or 3 times a year :(

*LOVE when all the laundry is done(or at least the clean laundry put away).....HATE that that NEVER EVER EVER happens at my house.

*LOVE Dr. Pepper..........HATE when it's flat or not ice cold!

*LOVE having a tan.....HATE that I am pasty white right now, especially compared to my dark skinned boys :)

*LOVE knowing that God is absolutely sovereign......HATE not understanding why he created chiggers that seem to derive great pleasure from attacking MY legs!

*LOVE napping....HATE the grogginess that follows!

*LOVE watching my sweet boys grow up.....HATE that they won't be my "babies" forever!

*****thats all I have for now ;) Anyone else have a love/hate relationship you wanna share?****

5 comments:

Shaunna said...

LOVE having a computer/blog/facebook...
HATE that I spend entirely waaay too much time on these things when I should be unloading the dishwasher or washing clothes:]

I can pretty much agree with all of your Love/Hates!!

Thanks for sharing the pics- What a great and memorable trip!!

Amy said...

Your trip looks amazing.
I Love Circle E Candles as well... they are my favorite. I love "Birds in Pardise"
Thanks for sharing your love/hate.

Janet said...

Ok, these are great pics! I have really enjoyed looking at Kim's pics too. It looks like an amazing trip. I am so glad y'all got to do that!

The Love/Hate relationships are cute! I think I agree with just about all of them!

Heather said...

Great pictures!

Ashley said...

Love the pics!!! Makes me homesick...