Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"The Good, The Bad, The Ugly"


The GOOD-
OK- so I am trying (apparently not very hard) to cut back on DP in an attempt to lose a few pounds, but tonight I was in SEVERE need of a Dr. Pepper. We were fresh out of them. I had just given the boys a bath and was getting them ready for bed when the craving hit, but I was NOT going to load them in the car at 8:00 for a Sonic run. But I still needed one :) SO....... I texted my "sweet, precious, I knew she was one of my best friends for a reason," to see if she might still be at church (very close to my house), to ask if she'd bring me a DP from the machine there. Well, sweet love!! Not only did she bring a delicious, ice cold can of goodness straight to my doorstep, but she brought a whole case!! Now that, my friends, is true friendship ;) Love you muchas mas KIRA!! And I still would even if you hadn't rushed to my rescue tonight, but I am sure glad you did :)


Kira & Me


The BAD-
*Micah was home for 2 1/2 weeks which was AWESOME!!! He left today for a camp in East Texas and I won't see him til Tuesday....I miss him...this is bad. :(

*I use too much excessive punctuation when I write. I used to be an English teacher. This is bad.

The UGLY-
ME!! As in my attitude....YUCK! Can anyone say, Mommy the GROUCH?!!? Uhhhggghh! I have been so impatient, frustrated, snappy, and grouchy this week. Yeah-the whole week. Little things that aren't usually a big deal to me are driving me nutso, I have very little patience for a certain 3.5 & 2.5 year old, and I am just plain not pleasant :( I don't know what the deal is, but "I do not like it, not one little bit!" It's not fun and I want out of the "funk!" So, for the benefit of my sweet boys and everyone else around me, would you mind just saying a quick prayer for me today? Thanks ;)

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey girl! I totally know what you mean. I have been in such a "funk" this week too, I can definitely relate!
Praying for you right now!!

The Holik's said...

I totally know about the DP craving as well!!! I can feel them coming on, and sometime I just have to drive to the store to get a cold one!! :)

Eric and Lar Holquin said...

you are too funny!! love it:) thanks for the lovin' friend you are awesome!!!

Kira said...

you're the best! i am just glad to help & i know that DP cravings are serious business.

Shaunna said...

I went to Sonic THREE times last week because of DP cravings! I even had to scrounge up change from the console of my car, paying for my Route 44 DP in dimes, nickles, and pennies...Sad, but so true! And I agree, what a GREAT friend Kira is!!

I had a "GROUCHY MAMA" day yesterday...Wowzers- It was BAD!Poor Addi! I don't know what the deal was??

Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets in a funk- Praying for you!!

(PS- The word verification thingy for this comment is 'pop a lid'...Makes me want to pop open a Dr Pepper...And it is only 8:56 AM!!)

Travis and Alison said...

Hey! Yeah we love Waco so far...but are wanting to make some friends! Thanks for saying hey :) ...and I totally agree with those yummy DP's...I'm doing the same thing and have been doing pretty good for the last couple weeks...but when I read your blog my mouth started to water hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my abandoned blog! Great to hear from you... Do we live in the same town? Why does it feel like it has been a lifetime since I have seen you?

I don't like dp, so I can't go there w/ you BUT I can relate to funk!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." --Romans 15:13

Let's cling to this one together, sister!

cls said...

WOW! What a great friend you have! A whole case of DP! AMAZING!

Janet said...

Kira is a good friend! That is too funny about your DP cravings!

I had a really bad day on Tuesday and I even put my FB status as "I need an attitude adjustment!" Everyone was tired, grumpy, whiney, and just blah! That's when I decided that we could all sleep in as late as we wanted this week because we need it! Yesterday was a much better day! Hope things get better for you!

Heather said...

Hope things get better. Praying for you!

Rachelle said...

Cami girl, just wanted to send you a quick note of encouragement and let you know I will be praying for you this week. I can relate to the "funk" moods and the cravings! I tried to give up sodas for the physical training we are doing in the Academy and I decided it was in all of our best interest for me to pick something else to give up!! Love ya girl and hope the rest of your week goes better!!