Saturday, August 29, 2009

On Again....Off Again

I definitely feel like I have a "celebrity" relationship with blogging! Sometimes I am really into it and stay semi-consistent in updates. And then there are the "more than not" times that it just doesn't seem to fit in the priorities...or even the hobbies...or even the I am really bored I should do somethings....
BUT-oh well!! Life goes on none-the-less :)

What's been going on:

Vacation. We headed to Colorado with Micah's family for a week, which was wonderful!! This desesrves an entire post all to itself. That will give me perfect motivation to post again soon :) After Colorado, Micah and I went to Ruidoso for our anniversary trip. SIX years. Wow! Has it really been that long? I guess it's a good thing if you ask that question, right?? Anyway, I will post on that later too.

Schedules. I suppose back to school stuff doesn't technically affect us yet, but we are settling into a completely different schedule from the summer! Instead of Micah being gone during the weeks and home weekends, the trend sort of reverses. We have had LOTS of time together the last few weeks which is FANTASTIC, but hard to get used to! It kind of throws me for a loop, honestly. It's funny how quickly I settle into my own little groove and way of doing things and when that changes I feel a little out of it. For instance, I am not someone who has to be "going" all the time and in fact, if I am not careful, I can be borderline homebody! However, since Micah has been home during the week in the evenings, I keep feeling like we NEED to be doing something. So weird for me!! Our normal schedule usually only allows 2-3 nights home together (counting weekends), so you would think I would be ecstatic just to stay home and enjoy family time every night. But I guess because it's not normal for us, I can't seem to settle into it! Isn't that strange?!!?

Photography. This is something I have done on the side for several years now and I had the opportunity last weekend for several sessions, which was GREAT! I took some pictures for a friend's business, some maternity, and a wedding. I just love photography and it is one of those things that just feels right when I am behind the camera. My preference is to shoot in more relaxed settings and my absolute favorite subjects are children (no offense to the adults...i love you guys too)!! Something about the pure honest emotions you get when you photograph kids just makes my heart pitter patter. Cheesy, I know, but it does ;) Anyway, I have wanted to set up a photography blog for a while now, but hadn't for various reasons, but alas, today.....i did it. It's super plain right now, but the most important decorations are the photos themselves, so it might stay just as it is :) If you like, you can check it out HERE.

Last thing. I was watching my sweet, rambunctious boys run around screaming and chasing ground squirrels and birds unmercifully yesterday at the park and I decided moreso than any other moment in all my years of mommy-hood, that I LOVE being a mom to boys! I would completely be overjoyed if the Lord blesses us with a little girl someday, but for now, all I need are my precious boys!




2 comments:

Janet said...

You do such a great job with your photography. I'm so glad you were able to shoot the girls for me! They turned out great. Can't wait to see the rest of them!

And btw, you are an excellent mom to those boys and they are so precious! I can't wait to hear about your other trips! Happy (Belated) Anniversary!

Heather said...

Glad to hear the updates! Keep them coming!