Sunday, March 8, 2009

Almost There :)

After A LOT of work this weekend (done mainly by my hubby..have i mentioned how proud I am of him??), we are getting super close to finishing the kitchen! It has definitely taken us over a month to do this renovation!! Although, we were talking about hours actually spent on the project thus far and it only adds up to about a week and a half!!! How does that happen?? Oh yeah...I have a husband with a crazy schedule and 2 meddling boys that want to "help" mommy and daddy!! Anyway, we can now see the end in site and are thinking we MIGHT have everything back together by Wednesday IF (and that's a big one) the plumber can come and put the sink/r.o. system/dishwasher in. So, it could be Wednesday or it could be next week!! Anyway, here are a few pics of the "progress."

Just a reminder of the "before"

it's even worse than I remember!!






And "after"

new tile!! Yahoo! don't mind the splotchy white spots...those are spacers..we still have to grout!!


Micah installed lights under the cabinets..super cool!!


here's a view of our new opening from the kitchen to the living room...


Just a few more things and we'll be DONE!!!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
My momma came this weekend!! So much fun :) She is actually staying until Tuesday and that made the boys extremely happy! She always brings the boys "prizes" when she comes and this time Micah and I got one too! She brought Micah this salsa that a local grocery store makes in Artesia (where I'm from); it's super yummy! And she got me this purse:



Isn't it SOOOOO cute!! I have had the same purse since Seth was born (sad, I know), which was one she actually bought me!! I just either haven't found one I liked enough when I had the money or found one I loved and didn't have the money!!! Anyway, my mom is so thoughtful to bring this special prize for me! She found it at a little specialty shop in Seminole. She also got me some fun shirts from the same store as well. She's a spoiler for sure...but I don't mind ;) Anyway, she is GREAT and we are so happy to have her here!!! Thanks Mamo!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

oh i love it! the tile and the purse. :) great job guys!

maybe after you get this all wrapped up we can all get together. love ya!

Shaunna said...

It's looking sooo good Cami!


What a sweet momma you have- It's always nice to get spoiled every now and then;)

Have a good week!!

Janet said...

Wow! It looks great! I am very impressed with Micah's skills. I can't wait to see the final product!

And yes! That is a very cute purse! Gotta love sweet mommas that sometimes spoil you! ;o)

Rachelle said...

Yay Cami, I love the kitchen, it looks AMAZING!
Yay for prizes too, the purse is adorable!

Anonymous said...

i want to see a picture of the Salsa... :(

Tell Micah i'm going to need his new skill set when we finally find a house.

keep praying for that by the way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your encouragement on spiritual growth. I have a brand new slogan for myself.

"Be content in every circumstance through Christ, but never be content with what i know of Christ".

It is the difference between Phil 4:10-13 and Phil 3: 7-14.

Your husband is going to help keep me accountable on my scripture memory.

ryan