Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Pretty Much" Done...and other stuff

Are you tired of my kitchen updates yet???

OKAY!! So we are pretty much finished with the counter top minus a few little details here and there!! Whoohooo! I am working on putting everything back together, but we have now decided that we want to paint the cabinets and kitchen walls :) I know...we are crazy!! I definitely HAVE NOT cooked a meal in over a month and I can't say that I have missed it that much....hehehe! Anyway...here are a few pics of the "pretty much" finished counter with sink, R.O. system (thanks Kim and Lakan!), and super sleek faucet with a pull down sprayer!!







Other stuff:
We brought the family Wii home from Kim and Lakan's house the other night and have been having SO much fun!! The boys love Mario Kart!! Of course Micah and I have the remotes that are connected and the boys have other ones, but they think they are playing too! It is so funny to listen to them tell their cars to GO!! Seth "wins" every time and definitely says "you like that punk? huh? HUH?" Wonder where he heard that...hmmmm...MICAH!! And Aiden usually finds something else to do before the race is over ;) Apparently....I am TERRIBLE at Mario Kart! I remember playing in college and I don't think I was too bad, but I definitely finished LAST in EVERY single race during a 45 minute span the other night!!! REALLY?!?! That just kills the competitive spirit in me! I can usually pick things up pretty quick, but I CANNOT seem to grasp the concept of directing a fictional character through a ridiculous course; some of which, i might add, are stinkin tough! My husband, of course, wins every single race and just laughs when I come in dead last! Sometimes I don't even get to finish the race because I am so far behind and all the other cars finish......jeeeeez!! I am sorta decent at bowling, but not good enough to beat Micah yet ;) That day will come, oh yes, I will be victorious...even if i have to sabotage him!! Anyway, we have had some great family fun! Here are a few pics...


sweet sethers :)


love this boy!!


flyin high..jumping from the chair to the ottoman!


goofin off


daddy winning at Mario Kart (even with Aiden on his lap!!)

And one more thing...
We visited my sweet friend Jenn Moore a few weeks ago :) She and her husband, Myles, moved to Belton and I do miss her a whole bunch!! I took the boys up there and we stayed for a few days. So much fun! The first night we tried to put all three boys (Seth-3, Aiden-2, and Jackson-2) to sleep in Jackson's room on a pallet...we gave up about 10:45!! It was a nice try :) I am sure Myles was cracking up because at any given time it was likely that one or all of the boys were in time out!! HA! My boys just love Gym(what they call her) and Jackson!! I kinda do too :)


jackson was so sweet to share his favorite Cars chair..they all squished in there :)


bathtub fun!


story time with Gym....

10 comments:

Heather said...

The kitchen is looking wonderful. Don't worry I am stinky at Mario Kart too. Hopefully you can beat Micah one of these days.

Shaunna said...

It looks soooo good Cami!!

And I too STINK IT UP at Mario Kart!! I'm horrible!! Sounds like you, Heather, and I could really have ourselves a competition;)

And I think it's soooo precious that your boys call Jen, "Gym." Love it!!

Janet said...

Holy Cow! The kitchen looks great!! I LOVE it! And I am super impressed with the sink and faucet.

Man, can I just say I STINK at Mario Kart. Hate the darn game too! We should let the boys play while we do something more fun some night! :o)

And those are some precious pics of the kids!

Kasey Gonzales said...

I LOVE your kitchen..it looks really great - the colors look a lot like ours..we have red, black, and khaki. oh and i think if i challenged all the above commenters to a mario kart face off i'd probably be the big loser ha. p.s. your kids are adorable and that's a really good pic of you.

Eric and Lar Holquin said...

i love your new kitchen!! it looks awesome:) and i love the underlighting!!

Family of Three said...

I really like the new kitchen even though I never got to see the old one! =)

Ashley said...

Your Kitchen looks great Girl! Way to Go! I know you are going to miss Aidan "helping you" do dishes in the bathroom, however!

Haha! I guess girls just stink at Mario Kart, cause I am definitely a loser with a capital L!! BUT, I love it!! When we get together with my whole family, we cannot stop cracking up (because my sisters and I are all over the place trying to get the car to go where we want it). We got some funny video of it! Total Blackmail!

Oh, and thanks for your comment. Yes, having boys is a wonderful blessing but WOW, they are different from girls! I grew up with 2 sisters and no brothers, so I am definitely learning what it's like to live in a house full of BOYS!! (Guess it is the reverse of how my Dad must have felt!) ;)

Cara said...

you guys should get Boom Blox, it's a lot of fun and super easy to figure out :-) my parents played it for a few hours at christmas, and they don't ever do well at video games! Cara

Josh and Angela Juett said...

I glad you have a blog. I love your kitchen it looks great. My mother in law has the same sink. Hope you guys are doing well.

Michelle said...

Did y'all tile the backsplash on your own? Eric and I really like how it looks and are thinking about doing that in our kitchen. Any advice? Do you think it would be too difficult for two people with no remodeling/repairing experience? :)