Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me....Can I Please Have a CHI!! (sing title with birthday tune ;) )

I don't usually consider myself one that has to have all the "top" brands in hair care and actually I tend to error on the opposite side of that end getting whichever brand is on sale! Anyway, I have naturally curly hair, so if I want it straight I have to do all the work to get it that way :( Some of you are in the same boat with me!! Since I started using a flat iron to straighten my hair, I just picked one of the mid price range irons, which worked perfectly fine until....my hair stylist used the real deal and my hair looked pliable and shiny rather than dry and brittle! It's kinda like settling for Mr. Pibb or Dr. Thunder until you drink Dr. Pepper and are suddenly enlightened to the greatest thing on earth! Ok- maybe not the GREATEST...but pretty close! Anyway, from then on, I was severly frustrated and disappointed that I could not get the same results with my own flat iron and knew I had to have a CHI. However, I also knew that they were slightly outrageous in price, so I jokingly hinted here and there to Micah that it would be a great present for birthday or Christmas. I thought I might have a shot in the dark at scoring it for a Christmas present, but figured my chances were next to none getting it for my birthday.

On Thursday, I picked the boys up from Kid's Day Out, and stopped back by our house so Micah could tell the boys good-bye. When I walked in the door to grab a few things there was a wrapped box on the table from Micah. Honestly, I am not even sure what he said, I was so excited to open it! I "think" I may have glanced at him for a nod of approval to open, then I ripped into the package. I started on the wrong end, so as I shredded the paper, I wasn't completely positive, but..yep...it was a CHI!!! I definitely did not think it would happen for my birthday because they are so expensive, but I should have known better! Micah tends to be sneaky like that, pulling things off without me knowing anything (sometime I will have to write about our engagement story)! But, certainly he did pull it off and now my hair routine has been revolutionized!!! I don't know if you've thought about upgrading, but it is TOTALLY worth it!!

Thanks Babe...I love you! (Not just because you got me a CHI, I would love you just as much if you hadn't, but it sure adds to my motivation...hehehee).

8 comments:

Megan said...

YAY! I know what you mean, once you go CHI you can't go CHEAP.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brittney said...

Yay bday girl! I have asked for one too, but I don't think the hubs even knows where to find one. I shall be patient! So glad you got one! Love you and let's do lunch for the bday.

Ashley said...

They are God's gift to women with curly frizzy hair like mine. I got one for Christmas several years ago and it still works great. So you get what you pay for...

I love mine! Enjoy it!

Kasey said...

ha i visited jamie and ty this past weekend and used her chi and i kept telling her how much BETTER my hair looked...i don't know what it is about that thing! but yeah they are expensive - i think my hubby would be shocked if he saw the price! =). but kudos to micah for taking the hint!

Shaunna said...

Isn't the CHI fabulous?! I love it!!

What a great birthday surprise!

Unknown said...

Hey Cami! Glad to see you in the blog world!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday. I've never tried a CHI. I wonder if it would straighten my hair?