Friday, November 7, 2008

Movie Night

Usually, because Micah travels so much on weekends, we try to have "date night" once a week. I am blessed to have wonderful in-laws and the amazing Trujillo family who keep the boys for us, making date night possible! Anyway, a few weeks ago we were ALL tired, so we decided to have a family date night! We have been doing this a lot more often and I have loved it! So, we ate dinner at home, unrushed (which is rare) and then we "let" the boys pick out a movie. Really it was more of Micah and I convincing the boys which movie they wanted (anyone ever do that?) ! While we were at the store getting the movie, the boys got to pick one treat each to have for the movie...I got to pick one too- thanks babe!! I just knew that both the boys would pick something chocolate, but Micah wanted G-2 so we went to that aisle first. Seth saw the Capri Suns and immediately began making his request known...of course Aiden chimed in because if big brother wants it, he must need it too!! We told them that if they chose the juice boxes, they couldn't get anything else, which I figured would be huge battle when we got to the candy aisle. Seth did pick out a candy bar, but I must say that I was quite surprised when the boys remained faithful to their juice box selection when given the "ultimatum" of one or the other! Seth was so cute, because he insisted that HE get to carry the Capri Sun box to the cashier and he did a pretty good job, minus a few drops...those things are heavy!!! Anyway, we got home, made some popcorn, broke out the juice boxes and settled in for our movie ;) It was such a treat! Here's a pic of all my boys on the couch enjoying the flick!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ohhh....date nights. We have had 1 of those since since Caleb was born (nearly 10 months ago). It sure is nice to have family in the area.

Cami said...

I know girl- we are COMPLETELY spoiled! It's def. been a blessing to have people willing to keep the boys whenever...I will be praying for you guys that someone like that comes along for you...date nights are SO important! If you are ever in San Angelo, i would LOVE to keep sweet Caleb for you!