Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One of THOSE Days...

I had "One of THOSE" days today...and by that I mean, not a good one :( You know, one of those days you definitely wake up on the wrong side of the bed and then everything seems on the wrong side after that?!?! Those days that you wish would start over...a million times?? Those days when your only sanity comes from the grace and mercy of the Lord sneaking in and calming your soul??! You know....those days??

Both the boys woke up cranky today, and oh man...did it continue! Everything was a larger than life issue today, with meltdown after meltdown over the most ridiculous things...like blocks being the wrong color and cars not going down the track fast enough! So of course, the big issues of sharing and being nice, were off the charts today!! I seriously started to question my parenting abilities when ROUND 4 of time outs happened before 10am!! It was CRAZY today...neither one of them would even be still long enough to listen to "instruction" let alone obey it!! AHHHHHGHGHGHG! By the time I finally got one semi-seated in time out, the other one was into some sort of mischief and by the time I dealt with that, the "time-outed" one was up and into something else!! Poor Micah, he was sick & trying to rest in the midst of screaming, crying, and the constant sound of my stern voice! I think I even stuck my head in the bedroom once on the verge of some major tears and said, "I am a TERRIBLE mother!!" Of course, he sweetly encouraged me and assured me that I wasn't...but it didn't matter at that point, ya know? My children wouldn't heed to one word I said and couldn't be reasoned with in any form or fashion! I even had to "drag" them to time out (most of the time, they reluctantly go, but at least they go!) Anyway, I felt like a complete failure as a mom and disciplinarian today...big bummer! One bright spot of the day- I kept my friend's little girl today and she was absolutely wonderful and well behaved! Now that I think about it, maybe she was just in shock from all the hooplah with the boys...she was probably scared to death!! Sorry little one!! Oh well- tomorrow is a new day! Right???



Could you imagine these 2 could ever act in such a way?!?!

6 comments:

Shaunna said...

Yes, tomorrow is a new day-THANK GOODNESS!!! I have been questioning my mothering skills a lot this week too...Praise the Lord for his grace and mercy because I'm pretty sure I would have pulled my hair out and lost my sanity without it!

Thanks for the encouragement about Addi's sleeping...We had a MUCH better night last night- I am thankful!

Hope your day is a good one!!

Laura said...

i think you're a great mom. how did i not know you had this blog???

Brittney said...

I love you Cam! You are a great Mommy. Thanks for being honest.

Heather said...

I can somewhat empathize with you. It seems that every other word out my mouth, is "no." It will be worth it in the long run though. That's what I keep telling myself. Heather

Cara Arnold said...

I don't have kiddos yet but I'm sure I will have those days too! And I don't think I realized you had a blog either! I will be visiting it more often! I just got a nursing job so in the near future Jason and I will pick out some wedding pics. Sorry it has taken us so long! Thank you and you do a great job with those kiddos...for encouragement watch an episode of super nanny, if you ever have a moment, those kids are CRAZY!!!!

Ashley said...

I hate those days.