Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dino-MIte!!

This past Saturday we had Seth's 3rd birthday party and it was a blast! Love is not a strong enough word for how he feels about dinosaurs, so needless to say...we had a dino party! My super talented chef extraordinaire mother-in-law made a volcano cake and my super creative sister-in-law decorated the cake! Thank goodness, because originally I thought for some strange reason that I could pull it off (having never made a cake like that in my life)...I guess it looked doable because Sandra Lee from the Food Network made it seem effortless ;) I must start reminding myself that those people are professionals! Anyway, the cake was complete with "smoke" via Micah, rubber gloves, & dry ice; it was spectacular!! (Pics are below, of course!) We also braved the infamous pinata, which made us all nervous as 2-4 year olds swung aimlessly with bat in hand!! Luckily, no one was injured and when big boy Micah had his turn with the pinata, everyone scrambled to grab the goods!
Seth did an amazing job sharing all of his toys and taking turns with everyone except...his brother...go figure ;) I can't believe he is 3 already...where does the time go? I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, exciting, full-of-life Sethers and he is such a blessing to us all!

Much thanks goes to my momma for supplying all the fun dino party favors and all who helped me scramble around at the last minute to get everything ready! And a super super thanks to Mrs. Kari Perritte who is the master of invitations! I will see if I can post a copy of one later (i'm too tired to figure it out right now ;) )







5 comments:

OhK-Booth said...

That cake IS awesome! I am impressed. The boys are getting so big. I can't believe it.

catherine shea politte said...

WOW Cami, SO sad we missed the big party!!! The cake was awesome -- my boys would have been depressed about their past cakes if they had seen that one. Ha!! So glad you guys had fun. I can't believe how fast the days are flying by -- except for those really hard days...I can SO feel your pain on that!!
Love you!!

Kari said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out! Looks like the party was a hit! Hey...what do you get when you cross a dinosaur and a pig?....Jurassic Pork! Bwah hahahahah! Just couldn't resist....I guess I have a Mesozoic Mind! LOL!!!!!

Ashley said...

Hey Cami! I was blog hopping and found your blog. :) I just read a couple of your posts and thought I would comment!

Looks like a cool party! I cannot believe he is already 3!

Girl, sorry about your bad day. We all have those days, I promise! I always doubt my parenting and feel like the most terrible mommy ever at times! You are a great mommy!!

Oh, and lastly...the CHI...Best thing ever! I am so glad you finally got one! :)

Jay Scott said...

didn't realize you guys had a blog, glad to see things are going good!